Please review the below information to find out about eligibility, application fees and our application process for new membership to the Indiana Society of Mayflower Descendants.
Do you have questions about membership in the Indiana Society of Mayflower Descendents? Please contact email@example.com.
Any person age 18 or older who can document descent from one or more of the Mayflower Pilgrims is eligible to apply for membership in the Mayflower Society. Visit the Mayflower Compact page to see a listing of the original pilgrims.
- The Society meets twice a year in Indianapolis for a luncheon, with a short business meeting, and a guest speaker.
- A social opportunity to meet fellow kindred spirits.
- Receive the Indiana Mayflower member newsletter published twice a year.
- College scholarships are available to high school seniors or college students who are family members of Mayflower descendants. See Scholarship Applications .
- Participate in support of the Pilgrim in Indiana grade schools program project.
- Upon your application approval from Plymouth you will receive a Mayflower member certificate and shortly thereafter begin receiving the Plymouth publication of the “Mayflower Quarterly.”
New Member Application Fees
Fee for new membership applications is $215.00 which is to be submitted in two checks. One check for $80 made out to Indiana Society of Mayflower Descendants (ISMD) and covers the first year’ dues. The second check for $135 and should be made out to the national organization which is the General Society of Mayflower Descendants (GSMD) .
Applicants submit these checks when their application is ready to forward to Plymouth. Once application is sent to Plymouth, fees will not be refunded if application is rejected. Note: The applicant has one year from date of rejection to resolve rejection issues without additional fee charges.
Learn more about all our dues and application fees.
Please submit your lineage to the General Society of Mayflower Descendants (GSMD) website linage match. There is a $75 fee to have your lineage reviewed. If your lineage is proven through the first five generations, you will get an email from the GSMD. That email will also be sent to the Indiana Mayflower Historian. The Historian will request the application that most closely matches your lineage and will be in contact with you. Please do not pay to receive the closest match application.
2. If your lineage appears to be correct through at least 1-5 generations a worksheet application will be prepared and sent to you showing approved generations that no further documents are required. See documentation for document types needed to complete your submission.
3. Send completed worksheet and required documents to the Indiana Mayflower Historian address found on letter sent with the worksheet.
4. The Indiana Historian will review documents and will update the application form. When all appears to be complete the updated application form is sent to applicant for signature.
5. Upon receipt of the newly signed application form the Indiana Historian will forward application with documents to the Plymouth Historian General for approval.
6. Upon approval applicant is sent Membership Certificate and welcome package.
7. Every effort will be made by your Indiana State Historian to assist you in the approval process, however, should the Historian General reject or request additional documents the applicant will be given one year to resolve issues without additional fees being incurred.